Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is an online service provided by Amazon. it is a low cost, pay-as-you-go service that is fully scalable, fast and reliable. S3 guarantees server uptime of 99.9% and is one of the most cost effective file storage solutions available today.
S3 is used by companies including Dropbox, Pinterest, Basecamp, Airbnb, Nasdaq, Thomson Reuters, Yelp, Canon and Adobe.
Because WordPress was not designed as a file storage solution the WPS3Files uses Amazon S3 to provide all of its file storage and management capabilities.
Default settings for hosted customers are as follows:
- OFF: Enable versioning https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: Log requests for access to your bucket https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: Record object-level API activity https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- ON: Automatically encrypt objects https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: CloudWatch request metrics https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- ON: Block new public ACLs and uploading public objects (Recommended)
- ON: Remove public access granted through public ACLs (Recommended)
- ON: Block new public bucket policies (Recommended)
- ON: Block public and cross-account access if bucket has public policies (Recommended)
- OFF: Grant amazon s3 log delivery group write access to this bucket