Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is an online service provided by Amazon. it is a low cost, pay-as-you-go service that is fully scalable, fast and reliable. S3 guarantees server uptime of 99.9% and is one of the most cost effective file storage solutions available today.
Amazon S3 also offers 99.999999999% (11 9's) of durability. No better durability guarantee exists in the industry.
S3 is used by companies including Dropbox, Pinterest, Basecamp, Airbnb, Nasdaq, Thomson Reuters, Yelp, Canon and Adobe.
Because WordPress was not designed as a file storage solution the WPS3Files uses Amazon S3 to provide all of its file storage and management capabilities.
Default settings for hosted customers are as follows:
- OFF: Enable versioning https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: Log requests for access to your bucket https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: Record object-level API activity https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- ON: Automatically encrypt objects https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- OFF: CloudWatch request metrics https://docs.aws.amazon.com/
- ON: Block new public ACLs and uploading public objects (Recommended)
- ON: Remove public access granted through public ACLs (Recommended)
- ON: Block new public bucket policies (Recommended)
- ON: Block public and cross-account access if bucket has public policies (Recommended)
- OFF: Grant amazon s3 log delivery group write access to this bucket