The [wpmedia_manage] shortcode enables you to provide the same file management capabilities that exist within the backend wp-admin interface on the front-end of your website or within private pages.
The shortcode allows you to include the same capabilities that exist within wp-admin on any WordPress page or post:
- Recreate Thumbnail
- Allow contractors to manage files within specific client directories
- Allow departments to manage content in their own sub-folders
- Provide clients with a fully-branded file transfer service build using a page builder, without them ever needing to login to wp-admin
- Provide the file management capabilities on a private page
To enable the file and folder management interface use:
[wpmedia_manage folder="Documents" breadcrumbs="false"]
- For security reasons, when using the admin shortcode the Move function is restricted to the folder specified in the shortcode. You cannot move a file (or view files or folders) to a level above that specified in the shortcode.
- For security reasons, by default no breadcrumb (file path) is shown as this would allow navigation up to parent folders. If you specific require breadcrumb navigation also include breadcrumbs="false". Only use this if you fully understand the implications.
- For security reasons, listing the root folder e.g. [wpmedia_manage folder="root"] requires the "Allow root folder listing" to be enabled in settings. This setting applies to both the [wpmedia_manage] and [wpmedia_list] shortcodes. Only use this if you fully understand the implications.